Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Grocery Gift Card Challenge

Last month I picked up a cheap $10 LG Sunrise android phone from Walmart to use for PertTV and Swagbucks. So far it has made things much easier. I just wanted a cheap phone with just internet connection so that I could move the apps from my personal phone.

But researching and using these apps has given me an idea. I want to use these apps to buy my groceries. Both Perk and Swagbucks offers Walmart and Target gift cards. Swagbucks also offers Visa cards which can also be brought at Walmart. 

The nice thing about a prepaid Visa card is that you can send it to yourself through PayPal for cash. Of course there is a small fee taken out but it is still a better option for getting cash from Perk. While Perk does offer a direct PayPal transfer, it costs more points than a gift card or using a Walmart gift card to purchase a prepaid Visa card. Really though, it just comes down to personal preference.

Swagbucks on the other hand does not charge more for PayPal. However, they do offer a slight discount on your first $25 gift card redeemed each month.

I plan on taking advantage of Swagbucks discount. I will be getting a $25 Walmart gift card then just collecting cash through PayPal for the rest of the month. Next month I hope to either get a Target gift card or something else for a holiday present for someone else.

Both Walmart and Target gift cards are refillable so I plan to just continue to fill them up with $5 gift cards from Perk throughout the month. Luckily I'm on a diet and only have to buy food for myself so my grocery costs are pretty low already.

So, that's my plan to use gift cards to buy my groceries. We'll see how it goes for this month. It should help at least.

I already have one $5 Walmart gift card and one $5 Target gift card. I should have enough SB for the $25 Walmart gift card from Swagbucks this week. Good because I need some more beans and bananas.

If you are interested in signing up for Swagbucks or Perk, please consider using my referral links below:

Swagbucks: swagbucks.com/refer/nelum8
Perk: 15bb05ec

No comments:

Post a Comment