Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I kind of really dislike Shaw's

Ok, I need to rant for a second here.

The last time I went to Shaw's I was there to pick up some Vital Wheat Gluten so that I could make chicken flavored seitan. Normally I would go to Stop & Shop but I also had to go to Petco which was right next to Shaw's.

While I was there I noticed they were having a 2 for $8 deal on MorningStar Farms products. I did not have my coupons with me at the time so today I walked to the store with my coupons and picked up the chicken nuggets and grillers prime.



Shaw's does not have a rewards card. I honestly do not understand why they don't give out cards anymore and I personally don't like it. Shaw's does have its own promotions though. Currently the store near me is participating in a "Earn Free Cuisinart" promotion that ends in January 2016. For every $10 you spend, you get a stamp which you can use to redeem a Cuisinart cutlery or flatware item.

This is really not a deal though. The cheapest item is a paring knife costs 30 stamps ($300) and the regular price is $6.99. If you regularly shop at Shaw's then, sure, pick up the free item, but my issue is that not every penny counts towards this deal.

My two items were $8 prior to coupons and $5 after using two coupons today. I was $2/$5 short of getting a stamp and now the money that I did spend won't go towards a future stamp. I just feel like these promotions are designed to feel like fun games just to get you to spend more money and I'm not a fan of that sort of thing.

I'm still going to do some shopping at Shaw's and I did recently download the Shaw's/MyMixx app so we'll see if my opinion of the grocery store changes.


MorningStar Chicken Nuggets:
  • Calories: 190 for four nuggets
  • Price:$5.29 ($4.00 with promotion)
  • $0.75 off coupon (doubled)
  • Paid: $2.50
MorningStar Grillers Prime:
  • Calories: 170 for one burger
  • Price: $5.29 ($4.00 with promotion)
  • $0.75 off coupon (doubled)
  • Paid: $2.50
I will also be getting Kellogg's points for both of these purchases so that's nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment